Wednesday, June 6, 2007

More Wikis!

(Week 7, Thing 17)

Last week I had to create a Wiki for the training class that I attended. To do this I was directed to PBWiki. The PB stands for Peanut Butter, because by using this site creating a wiki should be as simple as making a peanut butter sandwich. On one hand I completely understand the logic of this name, but on the other hand I don't at all.

Anyway! My PBWiki site isn't worth seeing, because there really isn't anything there. However, 23 Things had their own sandbox wiki where participants in the program can play. Sure enough, it was about as easy to use at the creators of PBWiki boast. Within two or three minutes I was able to post a link to this blog and write something about what I am currently reading. I don't believe that any library system should create a wiki for the sake of having one, but any system that finds a practical use for a page that multiple people can edit will be able to create such a page with no difficulty. Additionally, it is possible to link a domain name to PBWiki instead of using the ownername.pbwiki.com format. Therefore, it would be simple to create something like calvertlibrarywiki.net or another website with an easily accessible name.

No comments: